Thursday, August 30, 2007

New Beginnings

Before me is a blank canvas, a brand new blog. It's exciting and overwhelming to begin a new blog - a blog with a unique focus.

Adoption is truly a passion of mine. It has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I knew I wanted to adopt before I ever met and married my husband. It is something that I think far too few people consider for themselves - in other words, I firmly believe that more people should adopt.

I hope that through this blog I can educate and dispel myths about adoption. My goal is to have a place to talk about adoption issues freely, answer questions, support adoptive families, and share in adoption journeys. It is meant to encourage - therefore all comments will be moderated. Differing opinions are welcome if given in a spirit of love and kindness.

I am a Christian and will discuss adoption from a Christian/Biblical perspective - I make no apologies for this. I hope to be able to blog regularly and plan to feature different types of adoption and/or different countries that allow international adoption.

My prayer is that you will be challenged, find encouragement, and maybe that one more child will find a loving home through one of you readers.

No comments: